Friday, August 25, 2017 - 18:00 to Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 08:00
In Canada, it is estimated that only 20% of people experiencing homelessness use shelters; the remaining 80% are hidden homeless—many of them women and children who aren’t using shelters because of safety concerns.
37% of lone mothers raise a family on less than $10 an hour.
- On Friday, August 25th join 91.9 The Bend and the YWCA and Live in your car for 14-hours during the YWCA’s No Fixed Address Car-a-thon at Centennial Park parking lot.
- Starting Friday, August 25th at 6:00pm to 8:00am Saturday morning, you’ll sleep in your car to raise awareness and funds to go towards the YWCA’s Home for All programs!
- Plus there will be music, games, special guests and more. Join us in helping the YW serve our community.
- This night in the park will engage families, teams, individuals, and businesses to raise awareness and funds to support the YW in its ongoing efforts to help end homelessness. YWCA Moncton exists to support and empower women—and their families— through advocacy and integrated services that foster independence, wellness, and equity for all.
- To register yourself or a team for YWCA’s No Fixed Address go to Eventbrite – YW No Fixed Address Tickets
- To make a donation or for additional details on the YWCA’s No Fixed Address Car-a-thon, visit ywcanb.com/events/no-fixed-address or contact:
- Alicia Duffy, Communications & Resource Manager, YWCA Moncton
- (506) 855-4349 ext. 102 | [email protected]