- The 91.9 The Bend, $1000 Mind-Bending Minute
- Rules and Regulation for CKNI, 91.9 THE BEND, Acadia Broadcasting Limited
- The 91.9 The Bend, $1000 Mind-Bending Minute, August 27, 2018 – October 26, 2018
- Contest Rules and Regulations (Edited, August 24, 2018)
Should there be contradiction within the following guidelines in comparison to CKNI, 91.9 THE BEND’S GENERAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS, the specific contest rules and regulations for the 91.9 The Bend $1000 Mind-Bending Minute will preside for its stated contest.
1. The “91.9 The Bend’s $1000 Mind-Bending Minute” contest (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is brought to you by 91.9 The Bend, CKNI (hereinafter: the “Contest Organizer”). The Contest runs Monday, August 27th to Sunday, October 28th - Monday to Friday. The contest will be played a minimum of twice weekdays, with a third bonus time sporadically. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to play the contest when it sees fit between the hours of 6am and 7pm weekdays.
2. This Contest is open to all persons residing in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, Canada who have reached the age of majority as of the first day of the Contest Period. Contestants must be a 91.9 The Bend Swag Tag holder. Notwithstanding the preceding, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies), their advertising and promotional agencies, and other suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to this contest or any other party directly linked to the holding of this Contest (the “Excluded Individuals”).
3. This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes: father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives reside.
HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
4. No purchase necessary. To enter, you must comply with the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules within the Contest Period. To qualify, be the designated caller at the designated time announced on CKNI, 91.9 The Bend. Contestants must be a 91.9 The Bend Swag tag holder. If chosen as a contestant and, you will be given the opportunity to participate in the 91.9 The Bend $1000 Mind-Bending Minute contest (“the Contest”). The “hosts” will ask a series of ten questions in a timed period of one minute. For each correctly answered question, you will be awarded $10.00 CDN. If ten questions are answered correctly in the period of one minute, the prize escalates to a total of a $1,000.00 CDN.
The following rules apply to the game:
Contestants must be a 91.9 The Bend Swag Tag holder. Should an individual be signed up online as a swag tag holder but has not yet received their swag tag via mail or by pick-up they ARE ELIGIBLE to play as they have completed the registration process.
Only the first response by the contestant to a question will be accepted.
Contestant may ‘pass’ on a question and if time remains within the 1-minute period, the host will ask the question again. A contestant may only pass on a question once.
If the 10th question is being asked while the 1-minute period runs out, the contestant will have an opportunity to answer.
Contest Organizer reserves all rights to the definition of a correct answer.
5. The following grand prizes are available to be won daily, Monday through Fridays during the contest period:
5.1 CAN $1000.00.
6. All expenses other than those specifically mentioned above as included shall be assumed by the winner.
7. There is a limit one contest play per individual within the contest period, August 27th to October 26th. ID will be required when claiming the prize.
8. In the event that a contestant competes twice or more within the contest period, they will be disqualified and not be eligible to collect any prizes other than that which they were originally awarded.
9. The odds of a participant’s entry being randomly selected depend upon the number of entries received in accordance with section 3 above.
HOW TO BE DECLARED A WINNER
10. In order to be declared a contestant, each selected potential contestant must be in compliance with these Contest Rules and in particular, the following:
10.1 Answer correctly, the mathematical skill-testing question asked by the Contest Organizers;
10.2 By participating in the “91.9 The Bend Mind-Bending Minute” you are agreeing that CKNI, 91.9 THE BEND reserves the right to use the name, likeness, entry letter, photo, and/ or recorded voice of any participant of any contest for promotional purposes without providing compensation for doing so and by participating, a participant consents to such use.
10.3 Be available to play the contest at the time of the Contest Organizers choosing at the time chosen by the Contest Organizers.
11. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. In the event the potential or declared contestant fails to comply with any one of the conditions set out above or any other conditions set out in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and if time allows, a new draw for the contestant will be held in accordance with these Contest Rules, until a contestant is selected.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
12. How long do I have to pick up my prize?
Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise noted in the specific contest rules. Certain prizes, such as concert, or show tickets may not be available immediately following the completion of the contest. CKNI, 91.9 THE BEND will use best efforts to ensure that they will be available one week prior to the event.
In the event a winner chooses not to accept a prize or the prize is not claimed within the 30 day period, the winner forfeits any and all claims to the prize.
13. Verification. Phone Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form which is incomplete, incomprehensible, inaudible, illegible, fraudulent, mutilated, altered, contains false information or is not received within the Contest Period, or otherwise does not confirm to these Contest Rules will automatically be rendered invalid and will not entitle such entrant to be eligible for a prize. If, due to technical or equipment failure while participating in the contest the connection is lost or communication is otherwise illegible, the contest shall be deemed to be over at the last CAN $10 level achieved while communication was intact.
14. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to other entrants (e.g.: use of an Entry Form obtained from an unauthorized source, entries exceeding the limit allowed, computer hacking, etc.). Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Organizers reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future contests. Such person may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
15. Non compliance/eligibility. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared. Any potential or declared winner, who is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, must so inform the Contest Organizers immediately upon being contacted by the Contest Organizers.
16. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to the section below.
17. Substitution of prize. In the event it is impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or part of a prize) as described in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to award a prize (or part of a prize) of similar nature and equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the prize (or of the part of the prize) in cash.
18. Refusal of a prize. The refusal by a potential or declared winner to accept any prize awarded in accordance with the Contest Rules, releases and forever discharges the Contest Organizers and their agents of all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
19. Liability limit – use of prize. Each entrant and any potential or declared winner releases the Contest Organizers, their subsidiaries, respective divisions, their parent corporations, their advertising and promotional agencies, their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereinafter: the “Beneficiaries”) from any and all liability for any and all damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of his/her prize. In order to be declared a winner and prior to obtaining his/her prize, any potential or declared winner agrees to sign a declaration to such effect in the Release Form. The parent or legal guardian in the case of a minor will also have to sign such a declaration to that effect in the Release Form.
20. Liability limit – running of the contest. The Beneficiaries are not liable for faulty computer components, software, or links; the loss or non-existence of communications capability; or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that make it difficult, or render a user unable, to enter the contest; problems with any website or website feature howsoever caused, the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone or network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; or the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” The Beneficiaries are not liable for any harm contestants may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of downloading any Web page or software or transmitting any information related to entry in the Contest.] Further, the Beneficiaries assume no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected.
21. Web site access. The Beneficiaries do not guarantee access to or non-interruption of the Web site during the Contest Period or that it will be exempt from any errors.
22. Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
23. Limit of prizes. In no event shall the Beneficiaries be obligated to award more prizes than set out in these Contest Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
24. Impossibility to act – labour dispute. The Beneficiaries shall not be responsible for any damages for a failure to operate the Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules in any case where their incapacity to act results from circumstances or a situation beyond their reasonable control or because of a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their company or those of businesses which services are used for holding this Contest, war, riot, insurrection, earthquake, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm or any other act of nature.
25. Liability limit– participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Beneficiaries from any and all liability for damages which he/she could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
26. Authorization. By entering this Contest, each declared winner consents to the Contest Organizers, their representatives to use, at their sole discretion and if required, their name, photograph, likeness, testimonial related to the prize, place of residence and/or voice without compensation whatsoever and that, without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that may be considered relevant. A declaration to such effect will be included in the Release Form.
27. List of winners. A list of winners will be available at the office of the Station Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm.
28. Property of entries. Entry Forms are the sole property of the Contest Organizers and at no time will be returned to entrants.
29. Communication with entrants. No communication (other than while registering) or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this Contest with the exception of selected entrants or declared winner.
30. Personal information. Contestant personal information that is collected in this Contest will be used solely by the Contest Organizers, and their representatives for the administration of the Contest. There will be no communication of commercial or of any other nature, unrelated to this Contest sent to an entrant, unless such entrant gives specific authorization to the Contest Organizers for that specific purpose.
31. Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding.
32. Identification of the contestant. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose personal information is printed on the Entry Form. It is to this person that the mathematical skill-testing question will be asked and the prize awarded if selected and declared a winner.
33. Unenforceability. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared or ruled by a Court of Law as illegal, unenforceable or void, that section will be deemed void but all other sections not affected will be enforced as allowed by Law.
34. Jurisdiction. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Last updated: 2014
This website 919thebend.ca is provided by Acadia Broadcasting Limited ("Acadia Broadcasting"), located at 53 King Street 3rd Floor E2L 1G4 Saint John NB.
Your access to and continued use of this Site constitutes your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions (the "Terms"). If you access and use this site or any of the services provided on the site, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with these terms.
Changes may be made to the Terms at any time without notice by updating this posting. You agree to review the Terms regularly and your continued access or use of the Site will mean that you agree to any changes. The Terms are to be read by you together with any other or additional terms, conditions or disclaimers (including age requirements) provided in other pages of the Site. In the event of conflicts, the terms provided in the other pages of the Site shall govern to the extent of such conflict but no further.
The information, material, data, services and content provided in the pages of the Site (the "Information"), may be changed at any time without notice.
No Advice or Warranties
Acadia Broadcasting has taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Information is reliable when posted. However, Acadia Broadcasting does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the Information provided. Acadia Broadcasting assumes no obligation to update the Information or advise on further developments concerning topics mentioned. Acadia Broadcasting does not represent or warrant that the Site will be error-free.
The Site and the Information are provided on an " as is, where is" basis and none of Acadia Broadcasting nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees or agents make any express or implied warranties, representations, endorsements or conditions with respect thereto, including without limitation, warranties as to merchantability, operation, non-infringement, usefulness, completeness, accuracy, currentness, reliability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Acadia Broadcasting and its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees or agents do not represent or warrant that access to the Site will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment and to take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
Trade-Marks and Copyrights
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs or other content in the pages of the Site are trade names or trade-marks owned by Acadia Broadcasting Limited or its associated or affiliated entities, or trade names or trade-marks licensed to them. The display of trade-marks and trade names on pages at the Site does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted to anyone else. The Information is for your personal use only. Any unauthorized downloading, re-transmission, or other copying or modification of trade-marks and/or the contents of the Site may be a violation of any federal or other law that may apply to trade-marks and/or copyrights and could subject the copier to legal action. The Information is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and other countries. Unless otherwise authorized, no one has permission to copy, redistribute, reproduce, republish, store in any medium, re-transmit, modify, alter or make public or commercial use of, in any form, the Information.
No part of the Site should be taken to constitute an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products, services or information to anyone in any jurisdiction in which an offer or solicitation is not authorized or cannot legally be made or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make an offer or solicitation. Some products, services or other Information mentioned on the Site may only be available in certain areas or jurisdictions.
The terms and conditions applicable to any product, service or other Information will be those determined at the time of provision of the product, service or Information. Please be aware of the laws of your jurisdiction or that otherwise apply to you in relation to any of the matters described in the Site. If you choose to access the Site from outside of Canada, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local, national or international laws. You may not use or export or re-export the Information or any copy or adaptation in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including export laws and regulations of Canada in force from time to time.
Links from or to web sites outside the Site are meant for convenience only. Acadia Broadcasting is in no way acting as a publisher or disseminator of any information or material contained on any other sites and does not review, endorse, approve or control and is not responsible for the accuracy or appropriateness of any sites linked from or to the Site, the content of those sites, the third parties named therein, or their products and services. A link to another site should not be construed to mean that Acadia Broadcasting is affiliated or associate with any other site, or is legally authorized to use any trade-mark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites. Linking to any other site is at your sole risk and Acadia Broadcasting will not be responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking. Links to downloadable software sites are meant for convenience only and Acadia Broadcasting is not responsible or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading software. Use of any downloaded software is governed by the terms of the license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is provided with the software.
No endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressed or implied by the Site or any Information.
Without limitation to any other rights of Acadia Broadcasting to limit or prohibit uses of the Site, you agree not to use our Site or any services or Information to link to, post, transmit or distribute any content which is obscene, profane, defamatory, libellous, slanderous, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, intimidating, pornographic, harassing, abusive, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, encourages or assists conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, could result in civil liability or is otherwise objectionable, offensive, inappropriate or unlawful.
You agree not to use our Site or any services or Information to link to, post, transmit or distribute any content which (i) contains advertisements, (ii) is a protected trade-mark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol, or (iii) contains computer viruses, ransomware, worms, trojan horses, rootkits, keyloggers, dialers, spyware, adware, malicious browser helper objects, rogue security software or any other malicious programs, software or malware.
You agree not to impersonate another person in your use of the Site or in sending any e-mail or other communication to an address listed on the Site.
You agree not to use our Site or the Information to incite hatred, harm minors or invade another person's privacy.
You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any account on the Site. You may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Acadia Broadcasting's Site infrastructure.
Reservation of Rights
Without limitation to any other rights of Acadia Broadcasting, Acadia Broadcasting reserves the right to suspend or prohibit any person from using our Site and any or all of the Information.
Acadia Broadcasting reserves the right (but without any obligation) to monitor our Site at any time and remove any post or information which, in Acadia Broadcasting's sole opinion, is deemed to be inappropriate or not comply with these Terms without prior notice.
Acadia Broadcasting reserves the right (but without any obligation) to remove any post or information which, in Acadia Broadcasting's sole opinion, is deemed to be meant for commercial or promotional uses.
Acadia Broadcasting encourages any person under the age of eighteen to seek the consent of his or her parent(s) or guardian(s) before using the Site. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) or guardian(s) of any person under the age of eighteen to grant him or her permission or authorization to use the Site and to monitor his or her conduct, access, and use of the Site.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Acadia Broadcasting and its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees or agents against any and all claims and legal expenses arising from your breach of these Terms.
Acadia broadcasting is not responsible for and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages or any other damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with your use of or inability to use the site or the information, or any action or decision made by you in reliance on the site or the information, or any use or reproduction of the site or the information, or portion thereof, even if Acadia Broadcasting has been advised of the possibility of these damages.
Conformance with Law
You agree that when using our Site or Information you are subject to, and that your use of the Site and the Information shall not violate any, applicable local, national or international law, including without limitation any regulations having force of law.
The Internet is not a secure medium and privacy and integrity of internet transmissions cannot be ensured. Any unprotected transmission over the internet, including without limitation electronic mail, is not confidential and subject to possible interception, loss, alteration or forgery. Acadia Broadcasting is not responsible for and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the transmission of confidential information by email or otherwise over the internet to Acadia Broadcasting, or from Acadia Broadcasting to you or a third party which you expressly or implicitly authorize Acadia Broadcasting to make.
Any password or right given to a user of the Site is not transferable. You may not disclose or share password(s), make use of any other person's password(s), provide password(s) to any third parties or use your password(s) for any unauthorized purpose.
The Site is administered by Acadia Broadcasting from its offices in New Brunswick, Canada. The laws of the Province of New Brunswick and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern as to the interpretation, validity and effect of this agreement notwithstanding any conflict of laws provisions or your domicile, residence or physical location. All disputes, controversies or claims arising out of or in connection with the Site shall be submitted to and be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of New Brunswick. You submit and attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of New Brunswick to finally adjudicate or determine any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with the Site.
Acadia Broadcasting recognizes the importance of an individual's right to privacy. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with law. Acadia Broadcasting also recognizes the important principles for the protection of personal information in respect of commercial activity, as set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
How Information is Collected
At this Site, the only personal information we collect is the information voluntarily supplied by you if you contact Acadia Broadcasting either by sending us an e-mail message or by completing and submitting one of the forms contained on this Site. There may be occasions where specific personal information is requested before you can enter certain sections of the Site. For example, registration is needed to enter a contest site or to participate in any online forum.
When you access the Internet, the computers that host web sites you visit ("web servers") automatically receive some anonymous information. This ''usage data" may include a record of which pages a web browser has visited. Acadia Broadcasting servers receive usage data when customers visit the Site, and when Acadia Broadcasting users visit other sites as well. Acadia Broadcasting may use usage data to provide advertising about goods and services that may be of interest to Acadia Broadcasting customers, or to provide customized features and services. Acadia Broadcasting will not use information about your activities on the Internet together with any personal information without your consent.
Acadia Broadcasting and its advertisers may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about Internet use. Small files called "cookies" may be attached to your web browser. These files identify your browser and save information such as passwords so that web sites can recognize you. You can set your browser to disable cookies, but some Acadia Broadcasting sites (and other web sites) may not work properly if you do this.
In addition, on some web sites, Acadia Broadcasting Limited and its advertisers may use small bits of code called "one-pixel gifs," or "clear gifs" embedded in some web pages, to make cookies more effective. Acadia Broadcasting will not associate the information these software devices collect with your name or e-mail address.
Use of Your Information
By using our Site you grant Acadia Broadcasting the right to use for promotional purposes, without providing compensation to you for doing so, any information such as name, likeness, photo, recorded voice, and/ or other similar content which is posted, transmitted or distributed on any Internet forum, social media, message board, discussion site, comments section or other similar function that allows you to post, transmit or distribute such information publically on this Site about Acadia Broadcasting, its stations, or this site.
Acadia Broadcasting will not read or disclose to third parties private e-mail communications that are transmitted using Acadia Broadcasting services except as required to operate the Site or as otherwise authorized or required by applicable law.
Acadia Broadcasting has implemented technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use, and we will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available. We take reasonable precautions to keep the information that we collect through this Site secure, including organizational, physical and electronic precautions. However, no communication over the Internet is fully secure. Consequently, Acadia Broadcasting cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of information that you transmit to any of our personnel.
Acadia Broadcasting uses advertising companies to deliver advertisements on the Site. The advertising companies may also receive some anonymous information about advertisement viewing by Internet users on the Site and other Internet sites. This information may be associated with a customer's web browser, but cannot be associated with a name or e-mail address without the customer's permission. This means that advertising companies may know where your computer goes on the Internet, but they don't know who you are unless you tell them. Acadia Broadcasting does not supply personal information to advertising companies or to individual advertisers or other third parties. If you go to another web site, including an advertiser's web site (for example by clicking on an advertisement), and request information or enter a contest, be aware that you may be authorizing another company, including an advertising company, to use information you supply.